Traditionally, upon completion of Masonic labors, a repast was attended and enjoyed by all the members, as the Lodge was said to be at refreshment. In the early nineteenth century, a much more formal approach to refreshment was adopted by French Freemasons. It was termed a Loge de Table, or Table Lodge. The Table Lodge was opened in the entered apprentice degree for the purpose of allowing Brothers who had received the first degree to be present for the occasion. A similar practice was adopted by our Lodge 12 years ago by Worshipful Walter Schoepf, Past Master 2005. Since then, the tradition has continued and the annual Hillsborough 25 Table Lodge is an event that Brothers around the State look forward to attending.
The 12th Annual Table Lodge of 2012 was a great success! Over 130 Brothers attended the Table Lodge and enjoyed the following meal:
- 1st Course: Shaved Prosciutto & Melon Appetizer
- 2nd Course: Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 3rd Course: Maryland Crab Cake w/Creole Marmalade
- 4th Course: Garden Salad w/Balsamic Dressing
- 5th Course: Fresh Sorbet w/Mint
- 6th Course: Chicken Champaign w/Wild Mushrooms and Beef Medallions w/Spatzle and Vegetable Medley
- 7th Course: Strudel A-la-Mode with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Dinner Rolls w/Butter, Iced Tea, Coffee, Water, and of course the Cannon Toasts.
The upcoming 13th Annual Table Lodge will be no exception! The menu and presentations may change, but the fellowship and spirit of the event will only get better! Purchase your ticket here and contact the Lodge secretary or any Lodge officer for additional information and help. We look forward to your attendance!
Where: Hillsborough Lodge No. 25, 508 E Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL, 33602
When: Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013, 6:30pm
Reservations are Required.
Brothers, due to the popularity of this event, the 2013 Hillsborough Table Lodge is now sold out. Reservations for the 2014 Table Lodge will be posted prior to September 15th, 2013..
This Event is Sold Out